Wednesday, July 24, 2019

CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD


           
            I want to take a minute to express how amazed I am by bakers. I was never blessed with the talent, or patients to be a great baker and usually my attempt end up with a giant fail. My trash barrels have consumed more of my bread then I have.  
            A few days ago, Baby Tufaro came to me with a few ‘ripe’ bananas and asked, “Daddy, should I throw these away?” Normally I would say yes, but one of her vocabulary words from school recently was pristine and I explained to her that just because something does not look perfect does not mean it is bad. We waste so much edible food that it was important for me to teach her this.
            I asked her to peel and mash two of the bananas and we would make bread. This recipe has become my ‘Happy Accident’ because I was not sure how it would come out. Since all of it was gone the same day and the demands of the Anonymites, I give to you…CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD

INGREDIENTS
2 Large Eggs
1/3 cup Butter (room temperature)
1/8 cup Milk
2 medium Bananas (mashed)
1 1/3 cups Bread Flour
2/3 cup Sugar
1 ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Salt
½ cup Milk Chocolate Chips

INSTRUCTIONS
1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.      In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, butter, milk, and bananas. Mix till well combined.
3.      In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
4.      Add dry ingredients to premixed wet ingredients and combine (I prefer using a paddle adapter on my Kitchen-Aid, but any mixing method will do).
5.      Using two 8-inch bread pans, grease and flour all sides to prevent sticking.
6.      Dividing mix in half, pour finished mix into bread pans and level.
7.      Place in preheated oven and cook for 45-60 minutes.
8.      Using a toothpick (or something similar) slide into center of bread. When removed, if it is clean the bread is done.
9.      Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.
10.  Enjoy!

This was a great learning experience for Baby Tufaro and I. I hope you share this with someone you care about as well. As always, I are grateful for all of you Anonymites. Without you, this is not possible.

Chef and Baby Tufaro


No comments:

Post a Comment