Sunday, July 7, 2019

MAC AND CHEESE (SOCIAL MEDIA STYLE)



            I would like to start this post by thanking all my ‘Anonamites’ on social media for assisting in the creation of this recipe. The Mac and Cheese Experiment started as a joke and became something so big, I had to figure out what people believed made it great. By using my twitter account (@ChefTufaro), I asked for their input and took some of the most common replies and figured out how to combine them.
           Mac and cheese is one of the only foods that seems to be universally liked by everyone in my family (and Baby Tufaros' favorite), yet none of us could agree on how to make it. This type of food has so many different varieties, and some that I just learned about and never even heard of till now.
            The results from the twitter poll lead me to these items: Pasta Shells, Cheddar Cheese, Monterrey Jack Cheese, Smoked Gouda, and Velveeta. Suggestions were also made for, but not limited to sour cream, potato chips, Ritz crackers, baking, not baking, pan types, temperatures, goat cheese, cream cheese, and even altering the box version with ingredients.
I know share with you YOUR CREATION!

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. Large Shell Pasta
3 Tbl. Milk
2 Tbl. Salted Butter
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese (cut into small chunks)
¼ lb. Cheddar Cheese (cut into small chunks)
¼ lb. Monterrey Jack Cheese (cut into small chunks)
1/8 lb. Smoked Gouda Cheese (cut into small chunks)

INSTRUCTIONS
1.      Using the directions on the box of pasta, cook large shell pasta till finished in a manner that is acceptable for your taste (I prefer al dente).
2.      Drain water from pasta and set aside.
3.      Over medium heat, in a separate pot, combine milk and butter till butter is melted and combined with milk.
4.      Add all cheese to pot and stir continuously till all cheese is melted and combined.
5.      Combine pasta and cheese and mix till all pasta is coated with cheese sauce.
6.      (Optional) Place in oven safe bowl and heat for 5 minutes at 325 degrees to allow cheese to meld with pasta.

Creating this for you was one of the most exciting and fun experiences of my career. I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and suggestions. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment