Friday, August 9, 2019

DROPPED CHEDDAR BISCUITS


            I must start by saying that my Great-Grandmother was the first inspiration I had as a cook. I miss her everyday and I dedicate this recipe to her, and the memory of her making dropped biscuits in a wood stove every time I was with her.
            I do not have much to say about these biscuits except YUM! Some things just do not need words, and honestly, I am at a loss for them. It has been a long time since I have really sat and thought about my childhood and all the time I spent with my Great-Grandmother when I was sick.
            I guess what I hope everyone gets out of this recipe is the love and joy that she brought to me. I Love You Great-Grandma Anthony! I hope this recipe makes you proud.

INGREDIENTS
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbl Baking Powder
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Salt
¼ cup Butter (Room Temperature)
¾ cup Milk
¼ cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

INSTRUCTIONS
1.      Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2.      Lightly grease a baking sheet.
3.      In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
4.      Add butter to dry mixture. Using a fork, cut in (mush) butter till clumped but spread into mixture.
5.      Add milk and cheese to mixture and stir until moist. Texture should be about the consistency of cookie dough.

6.      Drop dough, one heaping spoonful at a time, onto baking sheet.

7.      Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
      Makes 12

This recipe is simple and to the point, but they are so good! I hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Chef Tufaro

No comments:

Post a Comment