Monday, September 2, 2019

GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN THIGHS W/ PINEAPPLE SAVOY FRIED RICE (THE £5 POUND ($6.08 US) CHALLENGE)


           
           
            The £5 Pound Challenge was brought to my attention by some of my Anonymites on social media and peeked my attention. Anyone that has ever been in a kitchen with me understands that I am UBER competitive. Though this challenge was intended as a BBQ challenge (which I did cover in this meal), I wanted to open it up a bit and expand on that. All items created for this meal were made on a grill, but may not all fall under traditional BBQ guidelines.
            I had so much fun trying t figure out what to put together for this meal, that must feed 4 people, and be exciting and out of the ordinary. I did take 7 days to think this through and a few ideas did not fit under the limit of available funds. It would have been easy to put pasta and sauce together for this, but what kind of chef would I be if I took the simple way out? So, without further jibber jabber, I giver to you… GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN THIGHS W/ PINEAPPLE SAVOY FRIED RICE.

INGREDIENTS
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
8 Chicken Thighs (skinless and deboned)
Liquid from One 8 oz can of Pineapple
¾ cup Teriyaki Sauce

Pineapple Savoy Fried Rice
2 cups Prepared Brown Rice
2 cups Shredded Savoy Cabbage
1 cup Diced Sweet Onion
Pineapple from 8 oz can of Pineapple (Chunks)
½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
1 Tbl Olive Oil

INSTRUCTIONS
1.      In a container large enough to hold the 8 chicken thighs, combine the pineapple juice and ¾ cup teriyaki sauce.
2.      Add chicken thighs to mix and allow to marinade for 1 hour.

3.      Remove thighs from marinade and grill over medium heat till cooked through.

4.      In a large frying pan over medium heat, place olive oil. Allow to warm.
5.      Add onion and savoy cabbage to frying pan and saute till soft.
6.      Add rice to frying pan and mix until combined.
7.      Add 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce to rice and mix till well blended.
8.      Serve together and main course and side.
9.      Enjoy

I know when you first read this you might think, “This looks to easy.” Allow me to assure you… IT IS!!! And it is amazing. Being able to feed 4 people for under £5 Pounds is a challenge but possible. It takes a lot of thought, but when it is finished it will make for an amazing experience. I hope you enjoy this challenge and am grateful that it was brought to my attention.

Chef Tufaro

No comments:

Post a Comment